Zero Calorie Fundraising for Back to School
By Wayne Elsey, CEO, Funds2Orgs
It’s back to school time and shortly you’ll be asked to raise money for your kids’ school. I remember when my daughter was growing up. At the beginning of each school year, my daughter would come home with her envelope. She would dutifully tell me she wanted me to buy lots of candy for her.
I don’t know about you, but the first couple of years I was the perfect dad. I bought enough candy and cookie dough for a lifetime. I went around my office asking people to donate and, of course, I asked my family to support the school cause. I’ll tell you that I’m a professional salesman and even I hated doing it.
Funds2Orgs is your Zero Calorie Fundraiser
I always knew there had to be a better way for families and schools to raise money. And, eventually I got the opportunity to create it. I developed Funds2Orgs. It has become the leading shoe drive fundraising social enterprise in North America. Funds2Orgs is unlike anything you may have done. Thousands of schools and school groups across North America have already partnered with us.
Funds2Orgs is based on three principles:
1. We help countless organizations raise $3,000, $5,000 or more in no time. It depends on your fundraising needs.
2. The gently worn, used and new shoes you collect are consolidated. They are then shipped to developing countries around the world. Many families earn as little as $2 a day due to poverty and lack of opportunities. The shoes become inventory for small business owners (micro-entrepreneurs). Click here to learn a little bit more about our micro-enterprise work.
3. Did you know that each year over 600 million shoes are thrown into landfills across the U.S. alone? That’s what happens with unwanted shoes in our country. Shoes are made of dozens of parts that are glued and stitched together. They can take as long as a lifetime to decompose in landfills. As shoes decompose, they release poisonous toxins into the air. These gases are bad for health and our planet.
Thousands of schools, churches, nonprofits and groups across the country have learned that shoe drive fundraising is a socially responsible way to raise money and do some good for our local and global communities.
Funds2Orgs Gives You a Fundraiser with No Upfront Costs
One of the main reasons schools sell candy or cookie dough is because they don’t have to make any financial investment. Your school or school group doesn’t have to pay Funds2Orgs any out-of-pocket costs either. Here’s what Funds2Orgs gives you to help you ensure a successful shoe drive fundraiser:
1. A dedicated Funds2Orgs fundraising coach to help you from start to finish.
2. The collection material necessary for the shoe collection, including bags and rubber bands.
3. Downloadable marketing and promotion material you’ll need, which is branded to your school or organization.
4. Pick-up of the collected shoes by Funds2Orgs so you never have to worry about shipping the shoes anywhere.
5. Processing of the shoes at our international depot. A is check issued to you by Funds2Orgs once the reconciliation has been completed. The amount of the check is based on the total weight of the shoes collected.
The formula for success is simple with Funds2Orgs: More shoes = More money.
So, now that school’s back in session, check out what a shoe drive fundraiser with Funds2Orgs is all about.